User Profile

Louetta Kinnaird

Bio Statement

Keratsini is a huge residential area of Piraeus and component of the Athens city complicated. The range from the center of Athens is about 11 km. The location was previously a farmhouse, yet it was strongly urbanized, generally after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is adorned by the statuary of the Asia Minor, which was put up in memory of the refugees from the Asia Minor Disaster settled in the area. Pavlos Fissa Opportunity is the industrial district of the city with several stores. History The Ancient Times Key Entry: I am The very first negotiation of the Town was improved the hill of Agios Georgios Hillside at a point positive to the opportunity of raids and exposure mixed-up. The foundations beside the church of St. George as well as the different discovers provide evidence that the very first settlement in the location was developed around 3000 BC. The name of the location was Thymedata and was surrounding with the piratical settlement of Heracles, both of which belonged to Old Athens. The settlement was situated on the current Opportunity of Freedom, which attaches Piraeus, Keratsini and Perama as well as the facility of Athens. It is guessed that Theseus built his ships there, based upon Plutarch's reference to the Parallel Life. The site was abandoned temporarily when Xerxes settled there. Newer Season The history of the District during the Roman and Byzantine periods is unidentified. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was constructed the initial church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the area from Agios Dionysios (old boundaries) to capital of Agios Georgios Agriamen. Nevertheless, this name did not prevail. The official name, both in Ottoman and Greek documents, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the last being a lot more prevalent. The initial one dominated in the Modern Greek durations. The name Keratsinion is a complicated word from the Kerathia that sprouted there and also from the name of the owner of the entire region from capital of Agios Georgios to the Manitica and also from today's burial ground of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis. Modern History During the Greek Revolution, Georgios Karaiskakis, who built the strongholds in Tabouria, worked out in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was damaged by Kioutachis Pasha as well as continued to be deserted until 1830. In 1836 the citizens began to resolve once more as well as in 1840 the location (currently called New town of Tseratsini) came from the District of Athens. In 1870 it came to be an independent neighborhood called Keratsini Village. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, developed a temple beside the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the site was restored and converted into a monastery. In 1963, the temple was ruined as well as a young man was built in 2000. Each year, the "Karaiskakia" is organized by the Holy Church of St. George, desiring to recognize the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis. After the arrival of the refugees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was changed into a town called the District of Tabouri. Later on it was renamed to the Town of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and also from 1936 to 1947 the municipality was called the District of Amfialis on the initiative of the then mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 today name was established, the Community of Keratsini. In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Battle of Electric, a problem in between ELAS and armed employees and also other residents on the one hand and also the pulling back German conquerors on the other. The triumph of the previous avoided the devastation of the nuclear power plant, which the latter tried to explode. The destruction of the plant would make it impossible for the container to be electrified for a very long time. There is an exhibition of the Historical Archive of PPC as well as a memorial to the dead boxers has been erected. Today Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini The Municipality of Keratsini is associated with the municipality of Drapetsona in 2011 in addition to various other towns in Greece.

προαστια πειραια