Reader Comments


by Regina Fancy (2020-01-24)

Carbohydrates and fats are the fuels to run LumaSlim Review the body. They provide the energy to keep the temperature normal, to enable the organs and systems to do their work and to allow the amino acids to be made into protein. About 70% of the energy we take in is used just to keep the body working. Even if we lay perfectly still all day, we would use up that energy. The other 30% is used to provide energy for the activities of daily living. This partly explains why exercise is a relatively weak method of achieving weight loss. The exercise just affects that last 30%. There are three forms of carbohydrates you need to consider - starches, simple sugars and roughage. StarchesThese are complex carbohydrates and are the main form of carbohydrates that you eat. The common foods that are rich in starches are bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and cereals. These will normally for a significant part of your food intake each day. Be careful with bread. It can tend to stick on the way down after band placement. Fresh bread, particularly, can be a problem, whereas older bread or toast may be fine. Rice and pasta can also be a problem for some. None is essential. Life will go on if you don't eat any of these foods. Use them sparingly.